In 2006, Stacey Simms' son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, only one month before he turned two. She started blogging about her family's experience with T1D a few weeks later. Stacey now hosts the award-winning podcast, Diabetes Connections, and is the author of the book, “The World’s Worst Diabetes Mom.” In this podcast episode, we discussed:
- The definition of diabetes Type 1 and Type 2, and what causes it
- How diabetes misdiagnosis happens
- Insulin access and the insulin affordability crisis
- What people without diabetes in their families need to know - 4 signs to watch out for
- Being "the world's worst diabetes mom"
Show Notes - https://kickinitwithdaree.com/episode/worst-diabetes-mom-stacey-simms